Personnalized tutorials with R and QGIS
I propose lectures, workshops and tutorials in English or French on R-software, QGIS and mapping. You can send me your own dataset and your own requirement for a workshop better adapted to your common questions. You will find below list of possible subjects (click on links for details), for which I can travel through all countries in Western Europe. These could be reduced or extended according to your needs (e.g. R for beginners, GLM without mapping, extended QGIS lecture for students).
- Biological and environmental statistical data analyses
- Modeling in ecology
- Creation and analyses of geographical data
- Digitizing, mapping
- Spatial modeling with R (GLM, GAM, kriging, …)
- GIS and spatial analyses in R environment (Manipulate spatial data, create maps, spatial interpolation)
- Habitat suitability models or species distribution models (Fit GLM and produce maps of prediction)
- GIS with QGIS
- Integration of R in QGIS
- Comparison of QGIS and R for spatial data analysis
- Use of R-software and QGIS
How I teach
In my courses there is a large part of software manipulation. I usually largely let student discover and experience the features of softwares before giving solutions. Statistical or mapping concepts are presented all along the course flow when required. The complete list of exercises is given at the beginning of each session ensuring that every student can progress at his own pace. When using the R programming software, an incomplete script is given at the beginning of the session. This avoids using too much time to code and let discover parameters of essential functions.
For any information on personalized courses or expertise, contact StatnMap.