Freelance : courses and consulting in statistical modeling, spatial data analyses and mapping
Consulting in data visualization and analysis
I propose consulting for:
- Data analyses and modeling (ecology, marine biology, environment, biology, agronomy, …), spatialized or not,
- Parameter and covariate effect estimation on observations for prediction purposes (GLM, GAM, …),
- User interactive interfaces construction to share your data or models on Internet through RShiny,
- Automated report or courses creation with R in HTML or LateX formats, using Sweave, knitr or markdown.
- Mapping your observations, model outputs, interpolations… using R-software or QGIS.
- Website creation or refresh using free and open-source content management systems and explain you how to manage it.
Teaching R-software and QGIS
I propose lectures, workshops and tutorials in English or French on R-software, QGIS and mapping. You can send me your own dataset and your own requirement for a workshop better adapted to your common questions. You will find below list of possible subjects (click on links for details), for which I can travel through all countries in Western Europe. These could be reduced or extended according to your needs (e.g. R for beginners, GLM without mapping, extended QGIS lecture for students).
- Biological and environmental statistical data analyses
- Modeling in ecology
- Creation and analyses of geographical data
- Digitizing, mapping
- Spatial modeling with R (GLM, GAM, kriging, …)
- GIS and spatial analyses in R environment (Manipulate spatial data, create maps, spatial interpolation)
- Habitat suitability models or species distribution models (Fit GLM and produce maps of prediction)
- GIS with QGIS
- Integration of R in QGIS
- Comparison of QGIS and R for spatial data analysis
- Use of R-software and QGIS
How I teach
In my courses there is a large part of software manipulation. I usually largely let student discover and experience the features of softwares before giving solutions. Statistical or mapping concepts are presented all along the course flow when required. The complete list of exercises is given at the beginning of each session ensuring that every student can progress at his own pace. When using the R programming software, an incomplete script is given at the beginning of the session. This avoids using too much time to code and let discover parameters of essential functions.
For any information on personalized courses or expertise, please contact StatnMap.
- Ifremer, Agrocampus Ouest, national and international workshops
- Marine species distribution modeling (GLM, zéro-inflated data)
- ENS Lyon : Biological data analyses using GLM
- INRA : GIS and spatial data analyses with R and QGIS
- Université de Brest : Initiation to GIS and spatial analyses with QGIS
- R-Shiny expert image comparison web app
- Predicting distribution of fish species along European coasts from spatial data modeling.
- French Association in Fisheries Science (joomla)
- Bretagne Tout court (wordpress)
- Brest culture box (wordpress + woocommerce)
- Restaurant “La Table de Marysam” (wordpress)
- Rent house for summer in France (wordpress)
- Improvisation comedy theater of Brest (drupal and phpbb)
- This very website (wordpress)